Online Privacy Statement
General Information about the policy of this website in its collection, protection, use and disclosure of the personal information gathered on this site. If you are under 18 years
of age, Please be sure to read this privacy statement with your parents or guardian and ask them questions about what you don't understand.
Edvantage Point Platform
We make our services available to all educational institutions, parents, guardians, students and our partners and they, in turn, register and provide and/or upload their information on our platform.
This website, www.edvantagepoint.com, is owned by Edvantage Point Technologies Private Limited ("Edvantage Point"). We recognize the importance of explaining our Policy to users of our site and protecting the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information we obtain through the site. Please note that this Policy may be revised by us from time to time, particularly to address changes in our business, the law or technology. If that happens, we will post the revised Policy here. Revisions are effective upon posting and your use of this site after the posting will be subject to the changed terms or the revisions.
Personally Identifiable Information is information through which you can be directly or indirectly identified, e.g. your name, your e-mail address and items you purchased.
Collection of Information
- Sign-up/Registering: Educational institutions, parents, guardians, students, partners and others will be asked to submit required information, which maybe in the nature of Personally Identifiable Information to register for the services we provide. This is necessary to enable us to offer optimal features, content, and functions available on edvantagepoint.com as well as subsequent services. We have discussed this in detail in the ‘use and disclosure’ section.
- Technical Support: We offer technical support to users. In connection with requests for technical support, educational institutions, parents, guardians and students may be asked to provide information such as name, e-mail address, current school/ educational institution, user login, and other details, including (for certain features) screen share information. This information is collected to help us process your request.
- Cookies: Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but your browser may allow you to change your settings to notify you of a cookie being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain content, features, or personalization that may be available through edvantagepoint.com.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about a user, unless it is voluntarily provided to us and so that we can serve the user's needs and our legitimate business purposes as stated here. A user's personally identifiable information may also be used by us to help improve this site, and for our marketing and promotional purposes. The information will be treated as confidential by us. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
Links to Other Sites
Users should be reminded that any Personally Identifiable Information that is voluntarily posted by a user to a public area on our site (for example, a posting to a bulletin board or chat room) might be collected and used by others. We cannot prevent such uses.
Use and Disclosure
- To Provide Our Services: We will use the information provided to us for rendering our services. This will include providing information about the Educational Institutions to all persons accessing our site. We will also share certain information about parents, guardians and students to the Educational institutions subject to receipt of consent from the said parents, guardians and students.
- To Provide and Manage the Site: We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect about you to provide the features on edvantagepoint.com, including to personalize your experience by delivering relevant content, to allow you to comment on content and create content (where applicable), to provide you with customer support, and to respond to inquiries.
- To Improve Our Products and Services: We may also use and disclose anonymous or aggregate data about activity on the site to assist us in the development, evaluation, and provision of improved educational products and services and for no other purposes.
- To Contact You: We use Personally Identifiable Information to contact users only in connection with their use of edvantagepoint.com such as, including for notifying them of technical support fixes and feedback. Users may opt-out of these service notifications.
- For Corporate Transactions: As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution. To protect our rights and our users’ rights, there may be situations when we may disclose your information, where we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or appropriate in order to:
- protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, safety, privacy, operations, or property, or that of our partners, affiliates, or subsidiaries, or their employees, agents, and contractors;
- protect the rights, safety, privacy, security, or property of users of the site or others;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes;
- comply with the law or legal process, including laws outside your country of residence;
- respond to requests from public and government authorities, including those outside your country of residence; or
- allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain.
We use commercially-reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard information in our possession against theft, loss, and unauthorized use, modification, or disclosure, in compliance with applicable law.
If you would like to review, update, correct, suppress, or otherwise limit use of your Personally Identifiable Information that you have previously provided directly to us, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to the information.
We will retain your Personally Identifiable Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
We may also retain back-up information related to the information uploaded by you on our servers for some time after cancellation, for the purposes of fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security policies.